Blythe Construction, Inc. is seeking Asphalt Laborers. Previous experience working with hot mix asphalt or in road construction, is preferred, though training will be provided for the right candidate. Please, see key duties below for detailed descriptions of common tasks. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in the road construction and asphalt paving industry. This is a seasonal position with full time hours and overtime pay for hourly employees.
Asphalt Laborers will be expected to carry out a wide range of tasks which may include:
- Raking Asphalt
- Dumping trucks
- Operating some machinery, such as tractor broom
- Shoveling, sweeping, and using a wheelbarrow
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when required
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position is an entry-level role and requires minimal experience in the asphalt industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver's license (preferred)
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Laborer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Occasionally work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of power tools or hand tools involved in cleaning.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds individually and up to 90 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to push a wheelbarrow, use hand tools, such as, shovel, rake, pick-axe, and to form proper hand signals for dumping trucks
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Laborer will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, commonly found in road construction.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found in road construction or near equipment, such as, grease, diesel fuel, gasoline, and asphalt.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment, moving machinery, and near traffic.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.