Crew member essential to application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways operating screed controls.
- Operator on the asphalt paver making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section of asphalt material via screed extensions.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to apply asphalt per plan specifications and perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Properly follow all Company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, or Safety Manager.
- Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required.
- Ability to follow Traffic Control instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements. Must adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Screed Operator.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Must understand the different signals used to signal operators of construction machinery.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Screed Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Screed Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near other heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.