The Survey Party Chief will supervise all members of a survey crew performing construction stakeout and associated preliminary topographic surveys, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys for public and private clients.
- Must have extensive experience in Highway stake out.
- Daily coordination with field coordinator, project managers and other office staff.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of survey instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Survey Party Chief. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Five (5) years or more of Construction layout related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Survey Party Chief to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 30 pounds and, at times, as much as 50 pounds, as may be assigned.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, power tools, and hand tools.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy equipment safely.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Survey Party Chief encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction site.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on a construction site such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.