An Asphalt Plant Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below.
Responsible for start-up and operation of hot mix asphalt mixing plants. Process involves placing raw aggregate and liquid asphalt materials through the mixing drum to be stored in silos until ready for load-out on trucks for delivery to job sites.
- Operate plant and load trucks
- Assist to ensure that all safety policies are followed and implemented
- Work with Quality Control Department to ensure a quality mix is produced
- Assist Plant Foreman in ordering materials needed for plant operation
- Assist Plant Foreman with stockpile management
- Maintain all required paperwork
- Communicate with road crews on an hourly and daily basis
- Assist with plant maintenance
- Operate loader when needed
- Help maintain cleanliness of the plant site
- Must be willing to work Nights and Weekends
- Must be able to read, comprehend manuals and directives
- Able to adjust to heights
- Must be willing to help out as needed
- Able to calculate basic math
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have a positive attitude and eager to learn new tasks
- Welding experience is a plus
- Electrical/Electronics experience is a plus
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Plant Operator. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on Asphalt Plant Operations.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Plant Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the asphalt/plant construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Plant Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.