Administrative & Office Support
- Provide assistance to visitors, patients, faculty and employees in a professional and courteous manner. Acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure efficient communication and timely response to inquiries concerning employee or patient issues.
- Responsible for screening calls/correspondence as well as responding and/or re-directing to appropriate parties for response.
- Create Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases. Generate, proofread and edit correspondence for content and grammatical correctness.
- Perform data entry, create and maintain databases; develop related tables and charts.
- Assist the Administrative Director and Grants Administrators with coordinating confidential personnel-related matters, including but not limited to reimbursement requests, travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinate travel and hotel arrangements for faculty and staff. May include communicating travel policy information to traveler if expenses will be reimbursed from a sponsored account.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment. Call for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Communicate facility and housekeeping issues to appropriate department
- Assist research labs with ordering and follow-up.
- Orient and provide training and supervision to volunteers and student interns.
- Process incoming and out-going mail, including packages.
- Plan, organize and coordinate departmental meetings or special events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage and ensuring vendor payment. Set up room and equipment (A/V tech, conference call if necessary, projector, etc.). Prepare agenda, produce and supply materials, record and distribute meeting notes.
- Provide administrative support to faculty and key departmental leadership including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents and presentation slides, updating webpage, etc.
- Must maintain departmental files up-to-date, while ensuring all confidentiality protocols.
- Adapt to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, providing temporary coverage, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Provide general clerical support including: filing, photocopying, faxing, preparing and sending bulk mailings and express packages, coordinating conference calls, and maintaining contacts database.
- Responsible for attending scheduled training sessions, participating in staff meetings/initiatives and becoming knowledgeable of issues discussed.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilize hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the hospital and the department's mission.
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum of an Associate's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Business Management (or related field) plus 1 year related experience (will consider equivalent combination of formal education and experience, i.e. HS/GED plus 3 years related experience). Bachelor's degree desirable.
- Excellent verbal/written English communication skills, including excellent grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
Req id: 14819