The Intern is responsible for helping to implement technology solutions devised by the Litigation Support Department for the Firm's attorneys and their clients. Many of these responsibilities involve routine, manual processes that must be performed in order to keep systems operating efficiently and client relationships running smoothly. Some of these responsibilities are freestanding and assigned, and work thereon is performed independently. Other responsibilities are in support of the Litigation Support Coordinators in their activities.
The Intern must exhibit familiarity with and a working understanding of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel. (S)He must be able to perform assigned responsibilities with minimum supervision and be able to receive and act upon instructions from more senior members of project teams. (S)He must be well organized, attentive to detail and capable of filing project materials in an orderly and timely fashion. (S)He must have a strong client-service orientation and be responsive to client needs. The Intern must track time as a timekeeper, allocating it appropriately to client and departmental matters. (S)He should be familiar with and show a strong aptitude for technology.
Provide routine assistance to Litigation Support Coordinators in meeting project deadlines (e.g., facilitating communications, copying or creating CDs and DVDs, transferring data files, packaging project materials).
* Organize and print documents from litigation support databases and other electronic media and assist in creating electronic document productions.
* Assist in preparation of specialized CD projects.
* Maintain supplies for the Litigation Support Department.
* Contribute to the Firm's overall initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally; displaying professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm, as well as external clients and vendors, via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
* Perform cheerfully other related tasks, as assigned.