Position TypeFull time - Regular
Education DesiredBachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Information Technology
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS' Managed Hosted Service has a portfolio of products which cover a range of enterprise level services such as grid-computing, clustered services, load balanced web portals and disaster recovery technologies. The Senior Operations Software Analyst will be supporting the full suite of products and services in production environments. This includes products hosted in FIS' Cloud and the public cloud. The position requires a self-motivated individual with proven technical expertise, particularly in Cloud technologies, and excellent communication skills. The Senior Operations Software Analyst will acquire skills and knowledge to be a subject matter expert in providing Managed Hosted Services in a secure, high performance and resilient infrastructure.
What you will be doing
The Senior Operations Software Analyst will be responsible for the support and operation of FIS' Insurance clients Managed Services production environments. Working with a variety of internal and outsourced functions such as services desk, product support specialists, data centre providers and technical architects, the Senior Operations Software Analyst will ensure the delivery and continued operation of the environments and ensure delivery to customers in line with SLAs.
- Incident management - Act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk for diagnosis and resolution of incidents in a 3rd line capacity. Periodically fulfil on-call responsibilities to provide 24/7 point of escalation to other regional managed services environment.
- Problem management - Identify and remediate root cause of complex issues affecting delivery of the service. Identify potential problems and propose preventative measures to reduce/remove the likelihood of the problem affecting the service.
- Change management - Author change requests and submit to the Change Board. Provide technical peer review and approval for changes submitted by other team members. Implement changes during and outside of business hours.
- Management of infrastructure services - Active Directory, Citrix, DNS, firewalls, DFS, SQL and working with the Technical Architect on the overall architecture and design.
- Disaster recovery - Act as the primary point of contact for documentation and execution of technical recovery procedures. Partake in quarterly DR tests and document approach and findings. Where necessary respond to major incidents outside of core business hours.
- Patch management - Perform technical approval of operating systems and application patches through a formal test process. Ensure patches are successful or issues remediated.
- Implementation and upgrade of Insurance applications. Develop conceptual understanding of implementation and upgrade procedures for all Insurance applications.
- Security - Work with the Technical Architect and Security team to design, implement and review controls which comply with the corporate security policies. Ensure segregation of duties between development and support groups in the managed services environment through appropriate controls on access rights.
- Monitoring and reporting - Ensure monitoring solutions are accurately capturing the appropriate level of data and the analysis is performed to ensure that when thresholds are breeched the appropriate staff members are notified. Generate periodic reports on system utilization and health.
What you bring
- Wide breadth of knowledge on IT Infrastructure and networking
- Significant experience of Managed Services and Cloud Services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Large project deliveries in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of networking concepts (including firewall design and principals, load balancing, shared storage)
- A business professional with proven experience in a product support environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business support resources
- Effective documentation skills
Added bonus if you have
- PowerShell Scripting
- Terraform, Ansible
- Worked with Product Management and Development groups on product roadmaps
- Administered and implemented hosted services environments
- Worked within technical frameworks such as ITIL
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.