Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About This Role:
Multi-Site Supplier Quality Engineering Lead. Main supplier quality contact for Site Sr. Operations and Quality leadership Quincy, Marlboro and Coventry for sourced direct materials and services. Responsible for supplier assessment and onboarding, investigation and root cause determination of supplier related nonconformances, as well as supplier relationship building including proactive supplier engagement to prevent negative outcomes. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Mentors others in understanding of core Supplier Quality Engineering skills/competencies (Supplier Compliance, Change Control, VIP, Statistical aptitude, Quality Tools application)
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Analyses incoming material defects. Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.
- Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
- Leads organizational and cross functional teams to achieve objectives
- Anticipates potential barriers to success as well as needed resources, sees alternatives to overcome obstacles, and avoids near misses
- Partners with suppliers on process improvements for capability, reduction in risk, single point failures, etc.
- Builds partnerships across the organization. Understands the costs/benefits/risks of pushing cross functional initiatives and makes appropriate tradeoffs.
- Provides a positive image and is a change agent for others internal and external to the group
- Pro-Actively communicates effectively and ahead of supplier/customer or team needs.
- Communicates well in group settings with other departments or disciplines. Solicits inputs and involve others in decision making.
- Leads teams and projects and consistently hits project milestones. Creates crisp and clear project plans and develops strong contingency plans as part of project planning process.
- Responsible for decisions that have significant impact to the department and their customers. Follows emerging trends and educates peers in areas of expertise.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Technology or Equivalent.
- 5-10 Years of increasingly higher levels of engineering experience
- Manufacturing Process Controls expertise.
- Demonstrated understanding of QSR and ISO standard requirements for Material/Purchasing Controls, Product Realization, Validation and CAPA.
- Ability to work independently, very organized and self-driven.
- ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional or Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience with Packaging, Sterilization Validation, Calibration and Analytical Labs.
- Understanding of Quality Agreements
- Problem Solving Subject Matter Expertise; Project Leadership
- Medical Device Industry expertise
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 459436