CIC is excited to bring on a Head of People who will be instrumental in furthering our rapid growth and geographic expansion. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be charged with designing/implementing a people strategy that aligns with business objectives, enhances business performance and fosters a culture of honesty, transparency and excellence. Additionally, the Head of People will hold accountability for driving and influencing all internal and external human relationships and ensuring that CIC is a "talent-led" organization, where people are the backbone of all strategy and actions.
Founded in 1999, CIC's mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 2000+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams .
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
You will manage and build a dedicated team of talented professionals, and be responsible for:
* Developing and implementing a holistic, strategic approach to the entire employee lifecycle from the early stages of attraction and onboarding through career development, learning, training and performance management/assessment
* Articulating and shaping CIC's "employment brand" that attracts the best and the brightest
* Ensuring continuous growth for every employee and elevating the employee experience through systems and processes that drive learning, individual advance and rotational opportunities
* Outlining and leading core annual HR initiatives, such as succession planning, high potential identification, and compensation planning, in partnership with other C-level leaders
* Designing and implementing a thoughtful approach to total rewards, which aligns with the company's goals and is understood and inspirational to employees
* Automating or outsourcing core HR tasks/administration so that attention is focused on engaging and developing people
* Making a positive difference in the lives of CIC's employees
* Allocating talent so that the right people are in the right roles at the right time
* Facilitating a culture that inspires, engages and drives success, but is also adaptable and innovative to accommodate changing client needs
* Mitigating risk related to compliance and employee relations
* 8+ years of experience in human resources, people operations, talent management, or learning and development
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or organizational development preferred; serving as a CHRO/CPO is desired, but not required
The ideal candidate for this position has experience:
* Building a fast-paced, agile, high growth environment while scaling a company
* Managing critical disciplines of the function, particularly talent development (including succession planning/high potential identification), talent acquisition (specifically recruiting strategy/operations and onboarding), performance management, diversity and inclusion and compensation
* Utilizing data-driven approaches to apply and create solutions that drive increased results and impact
* Demonstrating effective communication to gain "buy-in" from a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. C-suite/business leaders, consultants, clients, vendors, peers, direct reports, and board members)
* Getting things done while maintaining the highest levels of integrity, with a proven track record
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
* Fun people in a . We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
* Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
* Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
* Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, and stocked kitchens.
* Central location. CIC Cambridge is a stone's throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
* Great benefits! See more below.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package for candidate and immediate family and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment and holidays plus three weeks of vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.