Linux System Engineer Job Summary
- Job: 22626-LLAN
Do you like to work on cutting edge technologies? Do you like to tackle problems head-on and prefer to solve them with code? Do you have an engineering mindset to solve complicated infrastructure and architecture problems? Does manual repeatable work bother you? If you answered yes to these questions, then read on:
We are looking for an individual that is continually focused on improving our infrastructure services with a strong focus on eliminating waste via automation. Come help us accelerate our transition from break/fix operations to systems engineering. Responsibilities
You are a good fit if you:
- Have an engineering mindset and like to identify potential design and architecture problems before they become actual problems
- Like to be continually challenged with researching and implementing new technologies and processes and take them from inception to implementation
- Challenge yourself and others towards continuous improvement
- Have a strong customer-focused mindset
- Dream of having an excellent work-life balance
Linux IT Systems Responsibilities:
- Lead technical projects and identify automation opportunities, particularly as they pertain to infrastructure configuration management
- Change agent to drive continuous improvement and DevOps culture
- Explore and implement opportunities that eliminate manual wasteful operations
- Leverage industry leading technology and tools to make existing systems and processes more efficient
- Collaborate with peers and identify key stakeholders to help drive progress
- Participate in rotating on-call support to ensure high availability of enterprise systems
- Can balance daily operations with need to drive long-term investment efforts
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- Expertise with Linux
- Experience working in an agile iterative environment
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Bash
- Experience deploying and supporting CentOS, Red Hat and Debian distributions
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Perforce
- Familiarity with virtualization products like VMware/Openstack
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with global extended team
- Demonstrated technical leadership (mentoring, peer-influence, etc.)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job alerts, stories, and company updates.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters .