Senior Product Visual Designer Job Summary
- Job: 22588-TTER
We are looking for a UX Designer to produce powerful, elegant designs for our flagship product, MATLAB.
Working with multiple teams you will lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs "go live" to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to creating clear and effective designs for software products that make the world a better place. You may be right for this role if:
- You are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- You're undaunted by steep learning curves and unfazed by complexity.
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate. You're a team player whom people trust.
- Work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and stakeholder vision.
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on evaluation and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Help promote best practices in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- 3+ years relevant experience in software and/or web design. Mobile, responsive, and accessible design experience is of particular interest.
- Strong attention to detail and pixel-perfect design.
- Demonstrated fluency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and other relevant design tools
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across different teams
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job alerts, stories, and company updates.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters .