Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager/Associate Director to join the Patient Services team (Guidance & Patient Support or "GPS"). GPS is a group of compassionate and determined individuals who provide personalized reimbursement, educational, and ongoing product support for patients who have been prescribed our medicines. GPS is comprised of three integrated teams: (1) Patient Support, (2) Operations, and (3) Adherence, Communications & Insights. The evolution of our services will grow toward long-term engagement and support, including fostering the community of GPS enrollees.
The Associate Director of Patient Experience will be a part of our Adherence, Communications, and Insights team. Candidates must have a passion and expertise for making a difference in patients' lives and be able to clearly see the patient viewpoint. A successful candidate will: thrive in a fast-paced environment; work effectively with cross-functional teams, both within Patient Services and outside of it; work independently to develop solutions; and have significant patient communications and/or marketing experience, including agency management. This position reports to the Senior Director of Adherence, Communications, and Insights.
- Create critical branded and unbranded communications to support patients enrolled in GPS and aligned with strategic priorities - including emails, texts, website, brochures, as well as healthcare provider-facing tools
- Lead GPS initiatives related to future product launches and label changes
- Devise long-term patient experience and engagement strategy for enrollees, including social/content contributor strategies, and defined metrics to measure success and progress
- Collaborate with the GPS District Leaders and the training department to support appropriate training and pull-through of patient education resources by Patient Support Specialists
- Liaise with the brand marketing group to maintain awareness of brand initiatives
- Liaise with Operations and IT colleagues to pull through digital initiatives including automated communications
- Partner with medical colleagues and agency partners to create relevant patient-friendly materials
- Gain key insights and needs from Patient Support Specialists regarding their communications with patients and caregivers, applying these insights to craft relevant CRC-approved talking points
- Understand the regulatory environment and standard industry practice across key tactics: work with Medical, Compliance, Legal and Regulatory on the review and approval of materials and processes
- Manage agency partners and operate within the approved budget
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. In addition to clinical development programs in CF, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other serious diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston's Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
Vertex is consistently recognized as one of the industry's top places to work by Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal and the San Diego Business Journal. Our research and medicines have also received esteemed recognitions, including the Robert J. Beall Therapeutics Development Award, the French Prix Galien and the British Pharmacological Society awards. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.