Rockland Trust is currently seeking a Commercial Portfolio Manager for our Somerset Lending Centers.
The Portfolio Manager, whose role is "credit orientated" reports,on a solid-line basis to the Portfolio Manager Team Leader and the CommercialCredit Officer. The position is accountable to the Regional Manager (andin certain instances to the Lending Center Manager). Performance reviewswill be prepared by the Commercial Credit Officer with input from the RegionalManager (Lending Center Manager). The Portfolio Manager will utilizetheir credit skills to underwrite and manage a portfolio of loans for bothC&I and Real Estate. The incumbent will work with lenders whosolicit, develop and service a wide variety of commercial loans and lines ofcredit.
- Under the direction and review of: the Portfolio Manager Team Leader, Commercial Credit Officer, Lending Center Manager, and/or Regional Manager: is responsible for evaluating and making decision recommendations, including but not limited to, evaluating obligor risk ratings on both new and existing relationships ensuring quality and soundness for credit transactions. Manages approval and commitment process (e.g. Senior Loan Approval Committee) ensuring compliance with Credit Policy and accuracy of documents and supporting exhibits (e.g. LPSS).
- Maintain timely renewals of loan maturities for assigned lending team.
- Continuously monitors current loans and credit lines to ensure compliance with terms and proactively manages risk/exposure and compliance with Credit Policy for assigned portfolio.
- Covenant Compliance: Monitoring, testing, preparation of waivers and Reservation of Rights letters
- Facilitate borrower financial reporting submissions to Bank. Responsible for evaluating financial performance of borrower and based on a variety of factors determining an appropriate risk rating.
- Identifies early client risk/exposure, early detection of volatile industries and markets for assigned portfolio within designated region.
- Ensure the timely completion of credit file updates.
- Collaborate in coordinating pre-closing activities.
- Independently evaluates structures, risk rates and underwrites companies with risk exposure or potential risk exposure to the bank. Ensures appropriate compliance with all bank requirements and loan covenants
- Negotiates terms and conditions of credit with Loan Officers. Proactively manages credit risk and exposure for an assigned portfolio; initiates credit modifications and risk rating upgrading/downgrading, modifying terms and frequency of covenants, financial reporting, collateral security, audit schedule, etc.
- At the direction of and with assistance of Lending Management interacts via phone/email and may visit in person with existing customers and potential customers on credit or risk related matters.
- May identify cross sell opportunities
- Ability to make lending recommendations, which are based on their analysis of the business' and guarantor's capacity to repay, collateral character, capital and conditions
- Ability to interview loan applicants as needed to develop information concerning their business, needs, abilities and earnings to determine whether the loan would be an acceptable risk to the Bank.
- Will act as a Liaison between assigned lending team and the Credit Administration/Operations Department.
- Prior Commercial Credit Analysis and/or Portfolio Manager experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefitspackage possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefitspackage and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefitsinclude: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, HealthInsurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD &Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate andundergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusiveenvironment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.