Senior Learning and Development Specialist Job Summary
- Job: 21438-RKUL
Do you have a passion for excellence in learning and process improvement?
As part of a creative, dedicated, fun team you will support Development staff and managers by curating, teaching, and promoting adoption of agile and team practices that help us create high-quality software. Examples include onboarding, brainstorming, design reviews, agile, and more. You'll provide internal consulting and coaching support, evangelize new processes and practices, capture and manage knowledge, and create and deliver learning resources.
This role requires strong expertise in and enthusiasm for instructional design, facilitation, agile & project management, as well as natural leadership skills including great communication, creativity, and initiative. Responsibilities
- Work with senior leaders to identify bright spots, challenges, and create opportunities to continuously improve the areas of need.
- Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements, determine appropriate solutions, drive related projects to completion, and demonstrate measurable success.
- Identify creative ways to support Development's organizational growth and learning, including producing self-serve resources (e.g., eLearnings, video, job aids, internal sites) and instructor-led training events for a worldwide audience.
- Develop a deep understanding of software development team concepts, practices and tools used at MathWorks and in industry.
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout new content and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt new best practices. Report out to senior staff on progress and results achieved.
- Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice for key topics.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
- Experience with instructional design
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and software development method or previous experience in a software/tech company.
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and strong group facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and collaborate effectively across teams and roles.
- Experience with process improvement methods and tools and/or past experience in developing and establishing standards.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job alerts, stories, and company updates.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters .