A technical, lab-based position is available within Pfizer’s Cell Line Development (CLD) organization. The position will be primarily involved in mammalian CLD portfolio advancement, novel technology development and process optimization. Working with a group of scientists, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform platform cell line development activities to fulfill the need of moving Pfizer’s biotherapeutics pipeline projects towards either clinical or commercial developmental phase. This role will involve all aspects of cell line development from vector design/construction, cell culture maintenance, clone screening, and cell line characterization. The successful candidate will possess excellent aseptic technique and have experience with mammalian cell culture and recombinant protein expression.
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques (cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, DNA/RNA gel electrophoresis, Southern and Northern Blot, etc.)
- Perform cell biology techniques towards the advancement of cell line generation (ex. Fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS), advanced microscale bioreactors (ambr))
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues, an ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software.
- Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/ elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion; authors technical reports as needed and contributes to internal/ external posters/ publications as appropriate.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of experience or Mast'er's Degree with 0-2 years of experience with degree in cellular/molecular biology or related life science field
- Substantial experience with standard molecular biology skills and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Hands-on experience with molecular techniques including cloning, qPCR/qRT-PCR
- Highly self-motivated, efficient in team-collaboration, written & verbal communications
ADDITIONAL OFFER DETAILS
- Last Day to Apply: August 31, 2019
- Additional Location Information: Andover, MA
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.