What you will do
Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of assigned Projects. Works with Owner and contractor sales managers and branch installation manager and teams as needed to provide sales support activities early in the TAS and development process to provide input on strategy, vendor / partner's selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc. as needed. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.How you will do it
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required. Utilizes Microsoft Project to execute and evaluate job progress and risks.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the CMS and HVAC Installation Manager, Systems Team Leader and / or Branch Mechanical Project Team Leader for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
- Assists Area Management Team and / or sales in project development efforts.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may interface with and provide direction to Truck Based team(s) that are assigned to projects under the Project Manager's control.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may Self-perform sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may Self-perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management of assigned projects.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associate's Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of Eight years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry preferred.
- Management experience with projects related to Mechanical Retrofits, HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, and Security management systems is desired.
- Able to execute projects of higher project and contract complexity. (Multiple subcontractors and multiple scopes of work).
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
- Expectation that PMI/PMP (Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional) certification will be obtained within 2 years of employment in the position.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point, project), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
- Demonstrated skills and/or successful completion of the Project Management Applications Training Course.
- Significant levels of travel. Projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.