Olin Corporation is hiring a Groundwater Treatment Plant Operator to be located at the Wilmington, MA site. The position is responsible for operating and maintaining the site environmental treatment systems as required to comply with the applicable permits and Olin policy. Perform other site-related duties as required. Occasional work at other Olin Sites required as necessary.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world's leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures as required by Olin and government regulations. Maintain valid Treatment Plant Operator's license at appropriate level.
- Operate and Maintain remediation systems in compliance with applicable permits and Olin Policy.
- Collect samples; perform analysis and record data as needed. Maintain and repair site treatment systems to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Receive supplies, load and unload trucks.
- Operate site equipment such as fork-lift trucks, tractor, mowers and snow removal equipment.
- Provide site-related assistance as directed by the On-Site Manager.
- Provide assistance to the On-Site Manager at other Olin sites as necessary.
- Maintain all appropriate training requirements and renew on-time as appropriate.
- Must be able to life up to 50 lbs infrequently.
- Ensure work is in compliance with Olin policies and professional standards.
- Meet or exceed Olin requirements relating to deadlines and attendance.
- Minimum 3 years' operating and maintenance experience in a chemical plant or wastewater treatment facility required.
- Familiarity with Ground Water Sampling Techniques preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Grade II Industrial Waste Water Treatment License.
- Completion of applicable Olin required training. These will included, at a minimum the following:
- OSHA 40-HOUR AND 8-HOUR REFRESHER
- DOT - Shipping and Hazardous Waste
- Massachusetts Waste Water License - Minimum of Grade 2
- Experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and management within areas of responsibility.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
- Demonstrated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.