Senior Software Program Manager for Simulink Core Job Summary
- Job: 20862-BWAL
As Senior Software Program Manager for teams working in the core of our flagship Simulink product, you will partner with development leadership to help them plan, track, and execute complex projects that deliver powerful and innovating features to industry leading companies across the world. You will be responsible for developing insightful and dependable analyses of program-related metrics for tracking and reporting status to the wider organization. Your curiosity, creativity, and program management experience will help you identify and mitigate potential problems that others might not immediately recognize. You will work as part of an overall program management team and will interface with multiple functional groups within the company.
Join us in accelerating the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. At MathWorks we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence. Responsibilities
- Partner with software development teams and help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management.
- Experience in developing commercial software products.
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change.
- Able to help others estimate content and amount of work by asking questions, analyzing data, and challenging assumptions to help clarify thinking, ensuring all work is included in the artifact.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- Software, mechanical or electrical engineering education and/or background.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink products.
- Experience with control design and/or embedded code generation and validation.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job alerts, stories, and company updates.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters .